In this edition of the Soccer Fitness Gols Video Blog, I discuss the benefits of Membership in the National Soccer Coaches Association of Canada, among which are:
- Access to our free journal “The Journal for Soccer Coaches”
- Free admission to our Coach Education Clinics, which will be presented every month in 2018
- Discounted pricing on events including the up-coming Coach Education Course at the Coverciano Coaching School in Pergugia, Italy
- Discounted joint Membership in the NSCAC and United Soccer Coaches
- Access to exclusive content including webinars, video training sessions, articles and more Message us here or visit http://www.nscac.ca for more information!
All Canadian soccer coaches who are serious about their professional development and the impact they will have on the next generation of Canadian players should consider Membership in our organization!
Message us here or visit http://www.nscac.ca for details!
With the coming of August 2017 and the end of the summer soccer season approaching, I thought this would be the perfect time to let you all know about some of Soccer Fitness’ Coach Education opportunities through our unique Soccer Fitness Trainer’s Courses, that are coming up this Fall.
Our Soccer Fitness Trainer’s Courses are aimed at soccer coaches with an interest in fitness training, and fitness coaches with an interest in soccer training.
If you have an Ontario Soccer Provincial “B” License and require Coaching Professional Development (CPD) Points towards the renewal of your License, you can earn them by attending one of our Courses.
There are 3 different options for coaches and fitness trainers available this Fall:
- The Soccer Fitness Trainer’s Course: this is the 4th edition of our comprehensive 20-hour course, which will be held over the weekend of October 13th-15th, 2017, at Trio Sportsplex in Vaughan. Registration for this Course is now open, via our Online Registration Form.
- The Soccer Fitness Trainer Diploma Course: this is the 2nd edition of our slightly scaled-back Diploma Course delivered through Ontario Soccer, which will take place on the weekend of October 21st-22nd, 2017, at the Ontario Soccer Centre in Vaughan. Registration for this Course is now open via the following link.
- The Online Soccer Fitness Trainer’s Course: launched in June 2017, the Online Soccer Fitness Trainer’s Course is the perfect option for any coach or fitness coach interested in attending our live Courses but unable to attend. This Course is delivered 100% online through our unique Course Craft platform, and it can be completed at your own pace wherever you are in the world. Check out the video below for more information about our Online Course, or to register, visit our Online Soccer Fitness Trainer’s Course Registration Page.
Fall is here, and with it comes the start of another off season of fitness training (and hopefully some high speed/high incline treadmill training as well)! Something else that has arrived this season is the new and improved Soccer Fitness Gols mobile fitness app. To help kick-start the full launch of the new Soccer Fitness Gols app, we are asking the Soccer Fitness Gols community to tell us what your fitness “gols” are, and, more importantly, why you’ve set these goals. If you’ve got a personal fitness objective, regardless if you’re a competitive athlete or a parent who last played the game several years ago, we want to hear about it. Please post a brief video describing your goal and tag us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (#whatsyourgol). In your video, please also send a shout out to 3 people you know to encourage them to do the same. As an example, I’ve posted a video on Youtube, made by one of our athletes, Evan Tanos, in the link below.
Now it’s your turn. Make your video and tell us: What’s Your Gol? today!
In less than 2 weeks, on the weekend of Friday, January 30th – Sunday, February 1st, we will be showcasing our mobile fitness app, Gols, at the 2015 National Soccer Coaching Conference, held at the University of Toronto’s Varsity Athletic Centre in down town Toronto. As a lead-up to the event, I will be posting a few brief summaries of the components of our app that make it the best choice for anyone aspiring to improve their fitness in order to help them play the game, regardless of the level at which they play.
In this first instalment, I will be discussing probably the most unique component provided by our Gols app: soccer-specific training. Everything about the exercises and training programs in the Gols app is specific to the sport of soccer. Drawing on my 30 years of experience as a player, coach, fitness coach, and soccer-specific sports scientist, the Gols app combines proven science-based training principles with easy to follow exercise routines that will allow any athlete or person to improve their soccer-specific fitness. Examples of soccer-specific training in the Gols app include:
- Programs sub-divided into the 5 components of fitness that are the most critical to soccer performance: strength, speed, power, endurance, and flexibility
- Strength exercises that involve all the major muscle groups and movement patterns used while playing the sport, and which can be done anywhere, including on a soccer pitch
- Speed exercises and workouts designed to improve performance of the same types of sprints (forwards, backwards, sideways, and changing of direction) and distances (5 to 30 metres) used in the sport
- Power exercises and workouts designed to mimic the explosive movements (single- and double-leg jumps, forwards, sideways, and backwards) and total numbers of those movements, done in the sport
- Endurance workouts including variations of high intensity interval training, anaerobic power training, and speed endurance training, specifically designed to improve aerobic and running performance on the field
- Flexibility exercises and workouts designed to address the specific body parts (ankles, knees, hips, shoulders) and functional movements that can give rise to injuries and impaired performance if not trained properly
We are honoured and excited to be a part of the largest coaching conference in Canada, and are looking forward to seeing you all at the Soccer Fitness Gols vendor booth!
I’d love to hear your thoughts about this topic. Drop me a line here to get the conversation started.
Folks, please check out the latest review of the Soccer Fitness Gols mobile app for Android here. If you haven’t yet downloaded the app, please try it out and let us know what you think!
Over the last several months, we have received many encouraging messages from you about our blog and our Android app. We appreciate the comments and suggestions, so please keep it coming!
Over the next several months, we will be working on a number of projects to further our goal of helping people achieve their fitness goals through their love of the Beautiful Game. One of our projects is to bring our app to iPhone users, and add even more programs and features.
We have launched a campaign on Kickstarter to help us fund this project. Please check it out here.
As always, we appreciate your support!